At Monday’s Committee of the Whole Council meeting, Marie Dressler Foundation (MDF) chair Rick Miller presented plans to expand the existing Museum at Dressler house to include two other Canadian female Oscar winners: Mary Pickford and Norma Shearer. Rick said that he had firm commitments from partners in the venture who would supply material for the museum and assist with marketing. To proceed, Rick wanted the Town to revise the existing lease from just a part of Dressler House to include the entire building. After some debate, Councillors approved a revised lease and a bylaw implementing the lease was approved at their meeting on 9 September, 2019.
- Mary Pickford Foundation – owns rights to all Mary Pickford images and other material – these will all be available to the museum
- Darin Barnes (NormaShearer.com) - owns rights to all Norma Shearer images and other material - these will all be available to the museum
- Film Reference Library at Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) – includes many Mary Pickford artifacts
- University of Toronto Master of Museum Studies program (donation of design of expanded Museum)
- The Corporation of the Town of Cobourg (external maintenance)
Presentation Photos and Video
Rick’s presentation included background information, an outline of plans and a short video promoting the idea.